Sunday, November 23, 2014

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Chrome : Alex Guerrero Base Autograph Refractor Parallel ( 247 / 499 )


I went backwards when acquiring the 3 autographs I wanted/needed of Alex Guerrero in this year's Topps Chrome set. Black, then blue and now the regular refractor. Usually its the other way around as the colored parallels are "harder" to acquire since sellers want more for them which means I wait on the sidelines till the price comes down to what I am comfortable with. This time though I scored great deals on the black and blues and just had to find a copy of this one to complete my mini project.

With 499 copies there were plenty of choices on eBay to purchase but I bypassed the BIN auctions as I wanted to continue the trend on the Guerrero deals. Book has this card at $25 which I think is overpriced and there was no way I was going to pay anywhere near that. Found this good copy from a reputable seller and had a starting asking price of a penny. A few bids later and at the end of the auction I won the last needed Guerrero autograph card for single digits. A trifecta of good deals. Onto the next project.


247 / 499

2 comments:

  1. Becket/Book value is nowhere near what your going to find it for on ebay or COMC. It's just an estimated value so it gives collectors a (very bad) idea of what it sells for.

    For example: Your Bob Gibson books for $60, but on ebay they sell in the $30 range.

    I hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. most times I tend to agree BUT there are exceptions to the norm as Kershaw autos are listed at 600 but you couldnt touch one in 9.5 at anything less than 800. Its a guide nothing else like you state

      Delete