Thursday, November 20, 2014

BGS Submission Update Two - 2013 Topps Five Star : Yasiel Puig Base (75/75 ) Now Graded and Slabbed a Near Mint 8.5


Original Submission Post
Beckett Book Value : $150

Puig makes his one and only appearance in the latest BGS submissions. He went from top dog on the last batch to almost the bottom on this one. Only thing that saved him from that distinction is that Kershaw was expected to be a mint while Puig here I was hoping to just earn a mint. He didn't. While disappointed I was not surprised.

I knew there was going to be a corner issue as stated in the original post and I hoped it would earn a 8.5 on that sub grade but it did not and then other sub grades didn't help out as well and in the end the overall came out to be a NM 8.5.

When I submitted this I had already made a decision on what to do with the card. Since I already have a few gem mint Puigs and I don't need that many of him I made up my mind if the card came back as a mint 9 I would keep it as this is a hard brand to get a mint grade on but if it was anything less I would sell it. With the 8.5 now in hand I am going with plan B for the card. This will be a first for me as I plan to crack it out of the case. As a 8.5 Puig it probably won't get that much on eBay but as a "raw" card it will probably make an extra $15-20 in the transaction. I already have my eye on two autographs that I plan to purchase with the funds from this sale.


Not even really close to a mint 9



No comments:

Post a Comment