Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Card of the Day - 2013 Topps Five Star : Sandy Koufax Base (56/75)


Man, this card took forever to track down.

I know it has a print run of only 75 and it features the immortal Sandy Koufax but I didn't think it would be this hard to acquire. I guess I should have expected that by now with anything that is a limited number in a high end brand of a hall of fame player that is still immensely popular within the hobby.

A seller located in Los Angeles (so I assumed that would hurt my chances as we are in Dodger country) had this card up on a BIN auction with a $50 price tag. Too much even though I wanted/needed it. At least he had an best offer option attached. Book is "only" $40 so I sent him a number at more than 50% of his asking price. He countered at over $40. Felt I had no chance at the card but I sent him one last offer anyways and stated the book price and what I was willing to go up to. Surprisingly enough he accepted it. Woo Hoo.

Almost done with this set. Only have Clayton to find and I am finished.

= )


56 of only 75

No comments:

Post a Comment