Wednesday, April 27, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number ELEVEN - 2015 Topps Strata : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Black Parallel (42/50) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2015 Topps Strata Clayton Kershaw Black Autograph (42/50)

Still a handful more Kershaw autographs in the batch and from here on out I expect aka hope they all come back with a minimum of a 9.5

I have not seen a single Strata Kershaw graded yet so I hope when this comes back it is the 1st gem mint one as well. Unlike the Strata Koufax this one does not have an edge issue or any other issue for that matter that I can see. Corners sharp, edges clean with a non smudge auto.  


Guess the most "disappointing" part of this whole batch is the numerous Kershaw autographs that have come back as "just" mint and with that said here is another one to add to that pile.


Unlike the Koufax Strata which I knew had a slight issue I thought that this Kershaw would gem and it was ever so close. As I said in the above paragraph, edges, and corners were good and the autograph was perfect. The only thing that came back as a surprise was the surface grade which clocked in as an 8.5. With that return this card becomes the 1st of the batch that I might try to get a bump as the other 3 subs are indeed 9.5's so if I can get that 8.5 to a 9 then the card moves from silver banner to gold which would be nice.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin 

No comments:

Post a Comment