Sunday, April 3, 2016

Card of the Day - 2007 Bowman Draft : Clayton Kershaw Base Chrome Blue Refractor Parallel (11/199) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


While my main focus this off season has been picking up as many graded gems of Mike Trout I have also been on the hunt for Kershaw 9.5's as well but while I searched for newer cards I had forgotten that I never got around to picking up his rookie card in blue refractor parallel form. My bad.

This card had been on my watch list before but the prices never changed on BIN auctions so I took them off (mistake) so I no longer had a "reminder" that I wanted this card. This card does not come up on eBay on a traditional auction very often so when this popped up on my graded Kershaw search it reignited my wanting for this blue beauty.


With a book value of this card in raw condition at only $60 (which I think is undervalued) I knew what my cap would be on this gem mint rookie. Thankfully after a week of nervous waiting and 10 bids I came out on top and finally landed this card after a couple of years of trying.

While this will probably never see a big bump in price it is a key piece to have any Kershaw collection and I finally have one to call my own.


Eleven
of
One Hundred Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment