Friday, April 22, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number NINE - 2013 Topps Chrome : Clayton Kershaw Base Black Refractor Parallel (34/100) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2013 Topps Chrome Clayton Kershaw Black Refractor (34/100)

Now for back to back black chromes of Mr. Clayton Kershaw.

I put these higher up on the list not because they are in better condition than the other chromes but because they are black. No matter how many colored parallels I acquire black to me is still the best and the ones I hunt down the most. Only centering here might be a slight issue but other than that I hope and expect another gem here.

Well I was right about centering as that did indeed come back with a 9.0 which was fine and while there were multiple 9.5 sub grades in the end I still ended up with an overall 9 card of Mr. Kershaw


While I needed 3 subs of 9.5 to offset that 9.0 on centering I only had 2 that earned that grade as surface came in with a surprising 8.5 which dragged the overall grade to a 9.0. While I considered this a borderline card to acquire a gold banner I had the feeling it had more a chance than not for that but I did not expect surface to come in with such a low grade. Still a great looking card with its silver banner.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card! To be honest the silver looks better than the gold banner on this card. I know you love your 9.5's, but it looks really nice as is. I swear you totally got me into the black refractors, especially the Heritage ones.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ty. I agree on the color combo. I wish the would use a dark gray for 9.5 named titanium or platinum and move gold to 10 non black label. Love my black parallels but the heritages are the best and glad to say none in the batch have anything but a gold banner

      Delete
    2. Ty. I agree on the color combo. I wish the would use a dark gray for 9.5 named titanium or platinum and move gold to 10 non black label. Love my black parallels but the heritages are the best and glad to say none in the batch have anything but a gold banner

      Delete
  2. I have a 2013 Topps Chrome Clayton Kershaw Black border refractor All Star Game
    (MB-8) and it is 10/99. Interested?

    ReplyDelete