Monday, April 18, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number SEVEN - 2014 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Blue Refractor Parallel (50/199) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2014 Topps Chrome Mike Trout Blue Refractor (50/199)

Another chrome, another Trout card.

I put this up higher up on the list as when I look at it in hand I really can't see anything wrong with it. Centering is perfect (I believe), corners are sharp and no surface issues. Can this earn a 10? Possibly but I think at worse it should come back with a 9.5 attached to it and with that it will be another fine addition to my gem mint Trout collection.

Well I missed the boat on this one as I was totally off base. I had hoped to add another gem mint chrome card of Trout to my collection but instead added a so so mint 9.


I honestly thought that centering was perfect and as you can see from the above picture it still looks pretty good to me but BGS said it wasn't even mint and instead gave it an 8.5. The card still had 2 sub grades of 9.5 but that 8.5 took away any hope of earning a gold banner. I have not had much luck with the 2014 Topps Chrome issue as my black parallel of Trout also came back as a 9.0. Maybe I need to stay away from that year's cards. Ha ha.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment