Monday, April 11, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph


I have been hunting for a copy of this Kershaw "autograph" for well over 9 months and finally that search is over as I landed this card on a BIN eBay auction after a good 2 weeks of back and forth with the seller for a price we would both be comfortable with.

One of my Kershaw projects is to have a copy of a mini frame autograph from each year Clayton has one released by Allen Ginter. 2009, 2010, 2012 and 2014 are all in hand and once I saw that A/G was going to do another one in 2015 I put it on the top of my want list. Problem was that in the 9 months till I landed this one I maybe saw a total of 4 sell on eBay. That's it. It is rumored that this is a super short print (SSP) hence the dearth of product of it on the open market.

After months of waiting for 1 to pop up on eBay (or any site for that matter) this one finally showed up and I knew I had to acquire it someway somehow. I'm sure the seller knew that there weren't many out there but I  also knew that he had problems selling it as he had to relisted over and over due to no one wanting it at his set high price hence our conversations over the 2 week period. Thankfully we finally agreed on a price.

Now I wait. With this card in hand and as of this write but I now have 4, yes 4 Kershaw autographs I am waiting for to be redeemed by Topps. Crossing my fingers I have them all in hand in a relatively short amount of time.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment