Thursday, April 21, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Mike Trout Base Gum Stain Back Variation


When you see this card from the front you might think that this is just a plain ole Trout card from this year's Heritage set but you would be wrong and that is what makes the Heritage brand so fun to collect as you have to inspect what you pull from packs.

As you can see on the back side there are marks which are there to represent gum stains. I know some of you might not be old enough to remember when Topps had gum in their pack of cards. Sadly I am old enough that I do. Ha. Mike had a gum stain variation in the 2015 set but I was never able to land one but I saw that Topps was doing another one of him in this year's release and I hoped to land a copy for my collection this time around. I found one of my favorite sellers on eBay had a copy for sale and knew that his cards always come in great condition and he didn't disappoint as usual. This was a nice little BIN auction and the card was in hand a few days later. Looks better in person and can't wait to send it to BGS for what I believe will be a gem mint return.


Stained but that is a good thing

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment