Sunday, April 17, 2016

Card of the Day - 1957 Topps : Carl Furillo BVG Graded Excellent Plus 5.5


Small or not a hit is a hit and I am glad I was able to add this Furillo card to the collection at such a low cost.

While Carl might not have the same name recognition as Koufax, Snider, Drysdale et al he is a 2x World Series champion and played his entire career for the Dodgers organization and amassed almost 2000 hits.

While my focus on vintage cards are mainly the bigger names I am not ignoring the players that didn't routinely make the bigger headlines. On a routine Dodger search I came upon this BVG card of Carl and the asking price was highly reasonable considering the age of the card (59 years) the player and grade that I promptly hit the BIN button and had my newest addition to my expanding graded vintage collection.

While I probably will never add another Furillo card to my collection I am very happy I was able to pick up this great looking card of a past Dodger great.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment