Saturday, April 9, 2016

Card of the Day - 1961 Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Excellent Plus 5.5


Here is yet another acquisition for my vintage Koufax collection but unlike the others that I have gotten my hands on this one took some time and a lot of bids with a final snipe bid at the end of the auction to lock it in but at the end of the day it was had for way under book.

Assigned value for this card in this grade is somewhere in the $70 range so anything at half or lower I would consider a win for me. The card's auction started with a penny asking price and the price went up from there with 14 separate bids. I expected some action but I guess when each bid was for about a $1 there would end up being a higher total of bids. My ceiling for the card was in the $30 range but the bidding never got to that as my last second bid put the winning total in the $27 range. Not too shabby for a 55 year old card in excellent condition in my opinion.

Another vintage gem of a great player for the collection.
= )


Five
Point
Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment