Wednesday, April 13, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Strata : Clayton Kershaw Clearly Authentic Relic Autograph Black Parallel (36/50)



Last week I posted about the redemption card for this card and when I published said post I found out that it was inbound to me and I would have it shortly. Since I just did the 1st post there was no reason to put the actual card in the back of the que so here is the beauty.

I had hoped I would receive at least a 3 color patch but I won't complain as I am not really a relic guy but since this product was sold with the promise of authenticated relics I was very curious to what game my relic would come back from. My fantasy was it would be from his no hitter game in 2014 but I knew I wouldn't be that lucky but the game it did come from was a great game in itself.


Thirty-Six
of
Fifty

On June 6th, 2015 the Dodgers were hosting their playoff archenemies the St. Louis Cardinals and Clayton took the mound with his uncharacteristic record of 4-3 and preceded to mow down the red birds. He went 8 strong innings and gave up only 1 measly run. So close to another no hitter. Since my patch has red in it we know it comes from the numbers part of the jersey. There could be worse games this relic could have come from so having it from a classic Kershaw dominating game is kind of cool.

Unlike the Strata inserts in other Topps products these aren't too think for slabbing so this bad boy is ear marked for that treatment. Decent chance at a 9.5 return I believe.


138294 JB = authentically a great game

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment