Monday, April 25, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number TEN - 2015 Topps Five Star : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Gold Parallel (20/50) Now BGS Graded Mint 9.0


2015 Topps Five Star Clayton Kershaw Gold Autograph (20/50)

Another Kershaw autograph and another thick card and this time it is from last year's Five Star release.

What can I say? I just love me some high quality Kershaw autographs and this one definitely fits the bill. While centering might not be perfect that looks to be the only thing that looks "wrong" with this card. No bent corners or edge issues to speak of so even though its a thick card I am hoping and thinking this comes back with a 9.5 attached to it.


Another Kershaw that I thought cornering could and would be an issue and in fact was but just like the previous Topps Chrome black of Clayton this one also came back with an overall 9.0 due to another sub grade coming in lower than expected.


Edges and surface came back with the expected grades of 9.5 but the corners earned a disappointing 8.5. I didn't see an issue with them under the loop so unless I totally missed something I think the grader under graded and/or something happened to it while it was in transit. 


Even with that 9.0 attached we are at the point in the batch were all the grades are either expected or accepted and I am happy with all of them. So with 10 that fall in the "bad" category I can't be mad with this or the other 50 after it.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment