Friday, December 16, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Mini Frame Autograph


Another redeemed Kershaw autograph but once again Clayton has gone and done me dirty. Ugh.

How so you might ask? Take a look at the autograph as it goes all the way to the edge of the card. Yes no matter where it ends the card is still beautiful and I have been waiting a long time for this to get to me as I really love the blue border BUT when I submit this to Beckett for grading unless the grader is asleep at the wheel this card will receive a 9.5/9 grade. Obviously I have no problem with the 9.5 as the card looks to be gem mint and I expect it to receive that grade. My issue is with the 9 as Beckett deems an autograph that goes to the edge as a 9 and not a 10. On rare occasions these do come back as 10's but my experience with them is that they earn 9's almost 100% of the time. I already have a different year Ginter that has this exact same "problem". This card will go to Beckett to get graded but I am debating on doing an RCR for it first and see if the local grader might look kindly on it and "let" it go and give it a 10?

Even with all that bla bla bla I am very happy to finally have this card. I think this is one of the better looking mini frame autographs that Ginter has ever done.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments: