Sunday, December 18, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Julio Urias Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (54/67)


I'm back in the Julio collecting club as I acquired my first non autograph of the young budding star. Now that I am collecting Urias cards again I decided to only collect autographs from any year that has him but I adjusted it a little to collect numbered parallels from 2016 sets and forward. I am not going to go backwards and try to "catch up" with all his prospect cards.

I love the Heritage brand and what better card to be my 1st parallel of Julio than this limited black refractor? Julio's card prices are down but even I was surprised how low this card "cost" me as previous copies had sold for over the $40 barrier yet I snagged this at under $30 and with low book at $25 I consider this a steal. With it in hand and equiped with my new 20x loop I am pretty confident that this will earn a 9.5 when I submit it to Beckett for grading. The only issue with the card is that the corners are a tad soft but only under the loop and not the naked eye and centering is slightly off but not bad enough to knock it down a grade notch.


Fifty-Four
of
Sixty-Seven

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment