Friday, May 26, 2017

Card of the Day - 2011 Topps Finest : Mike Trout Base Autograph X-Fractor Parallel (141/299) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2 Seagers = 1 Trout?
Maybe not on the baseball field but in card collecting that is exactly what it took me to pick up this gorgeous autograph of Mike Trout from his rookie year of 2011.

While collecting/acquiring an autograph rainbow of Mike Trout's cards from the 2009 Bowman Chrome is not even remotely feasible I have decided I am going to give it a go for the 2011 Topps Finest set as it is more reasonable and I have cards that I may or may not let go to pick up the various colors. Well this is the first of I hope many from the set.

I picked up a 2012 Bowman Chrome Refractor autograph 9.5 of Corey Seager awhile back even though I already had one and this was the exact reason why I did it. I don't/didn't need 2 of them so 1 was always expendable. The other one I had of him was also a 9.5 but with lower grades so I decided to unload that card and the base version to pay for this card.


There are few reasons why I did this, 1) Mike Trout is a future Hall of Famer and maybe an all-time great by the end of his career and while Corey has started out strong it has only been 1 full season. Trout has been a top 2 MVP for 4 years running. 2) While the BC Seagers are nice they are not numbered and as mentioned before I already have another refractor to call my own. This Trout is a numbered parallel and already certified as gem mint. 3) and to top all of that off I have multiple Seager rookie autographs of Seager from the 2016 Topps Chrome set which is more than enough for me than to also hold onto the base BC one.

Of course I picked this Trout up on an eBay eBucks promotion day so I landed quite an amount of extra $$$ for a future transaction.


One Hundred and Forty-One
of
Two Hundred and Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment