Sunday, May 7, 2017

March 2017 BGS Submission Result Number THIRTEEN . FIVE of FORTY-TWO - 2013 Bowman Chrome Corey Seager Base Green Refractor Parallel Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I label this as result 13.5 for the reason that it was not mine in the batch that went to BGS but when I saw that it gemmed I went for it hard and after being persistent and probably irritating my good buddy let me trade him for it.

As most of you know I am trying to complete the rainbow of 2013 Bowman Chrome cards for Corey Seager but the kicker is that they have to all be in gem mint condition. Crazy I know. I submitted my own green for a raw grade review and it came back as a 9. Sigh. I only need to "colors" left which are/were the green and X-fractor. Well when the results came in and I saw that his earned a 9.5 I made it my mission to get this card from him. He was not particularly open to moving it but I kept at it and when I handed him his cards from the batch I made one last ditch effort to acquire the card. Maybe he was feeling sorry for me (ha ha) or it was just the right time on the right day but he said yes. Woo Hoo.

I am now officially one away (sans super) from completing this ridiculous project. I will post the updated group picture shortly. Thank you again to my friend as you made this Dodger fan very happy.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment