Friday, June 24, 2016

BGS Submission Result Number THIRTY-SIX - 2016 Topps Heritage : Clayton Kershaw Base Color Swap Variation Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2016 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Color Swap

If this earns a 9.5 then it will be a major shock and a coup for me.

Most of this batch is made up of chrome cards but this Heritage is good old paper and there is a suspect edge that I think at best earn a 9. That would be fine but with centering obviously not 50/50 then I fear that this will come back with a silver banner. Damn..

This is when I am happy that I am 100% wrong as not only did this receive a gold banner it also had no issues with centering and edges like I thought it would.


Since centering earned a 9.5 I am going to say it made it by a the hair as I still don't think is centered 50/50. What was more surprising is that the edge I thought would be an issue never materialized so that was a good thing. What is not a surprise was there was one sub grade with a 9 and that would be the corners once again on this paper card. Not going to complain as its another gem for my collection. Woo Hoo.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin 

No comments:

Post a Comment