Sunday, June 5, 2016

Card of the Day - 1960 Topps : Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Excellent 5.0


With my Seager rainbow project finally completed I think this is the next project that will be finished sometime in the near(ish) future. Though I want more and more Koufax cards my main focus has been acquiring all his base cards from his playing years (1955-1966) and they must be in BVG cases. The good thing for me is that the grade does not matter to me as I am just looking for the best deal and I finally was able to find one for the 1960 version.

I have a friend, and he knows who he is = ), that for the better part of 7 months I have tried to unlock his grasp on his copy and trade it to me. He is a Dodger fan so it was expected but I kept trying. Finally one day though this card, which had been on my watch list for months, had it's asking price lowered by 20% on a BIN type auction. Click here, payment there and a few days later I finally have my own 1960 copy of Koufax. Card could have been a 2 or a 3 or even a 7 but all that matters is that I have one to call my own.

On a side note, with Sandy retiring from his role within the Dodgers organization I will probably never get the chance to meet the man himself in person and I make that point as the aforementioned friend has and I am jealous of him for it. Good for him though. A memory that can't be taken away.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

1 comment: