Saturday, June 25, 2016

Card of the Day - 1964 Topps : Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Very Good-Excellent 4.0


8 down and 4 to go or in other words 2/3rd done with the vintage Koufax checklist that surprisingly hasn't been that hard to acquire. Of course 3 of the remaining 4 are from the 1950's which have a higher price tag so it might be awhile till I finish this project.

This is one of the better looking card years from the old days and still looks good today. It's simple but it works. I have only seen a few copies of this card in graded condition but after trying to pick this up from another seller who tried to nickel and dime me I finally landed this at a much better "cost". The other seller would counter my offer by lower his price by 50 cents or a dollar. What is the purpose of a best offer if you really don't want to work with a potential buyer? Whatever. At the end of the day I wound up with this one and I couldn't be happier.

Koufax unlike Trout, Koufax and Seager in my eyes has a finite amount of cards I will be hunting down. After I pick up the remaining 4 needed for this project there really is only a handful left of modern day cards I want of Sandy since he is not in every set. Hopefully more will be released in the coming years by Topps.


Four as in four more vintage Koufax cards left to acquire


Old school vintage grading by BVG
Wish they went back to it

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment