Sunday, June 19, 2016

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Tribute : Mike Trout Base Black Parallel (21/50)


Being in the grading game you sometimes win and sometimes lose when you score a "deal" on a limited card transaction and I feel that while I didn't lose on this one I surely did not hit the jackpot on a future gem mint card,

This card comes from the much maligned Tribute release from last year. The whole product was recalled due to quality issues but even with that knowledge I hoped to land me one of these black parallels of Mr. Trout if I could get it on the cheap. After numerous attempts at another copy (that the seller wouldn't budge on price) this one popped up on the bay with a much lower price and a best offer option as well. After a hour the seller and I agreed on a price and soon after I had the card in hand. While not in terrible shape it definitely is not in pristine or gem mint condition as 3 separate corners have fuzziness. While not frayed they are not pointy. Does that make this card more likely to earn an 8.5 or could it possibly squeeze out a 9 as there is nothing else wrong other than said corners? I might end up doing a RCR when Beckett is back in town in Oct. instead of a full submission to see what they think.


Twenty-One
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment