Saturday, June 18, 2016

Card of the Day - 1962 Topps : Sandy Koufax Base BVG Graded Very Good 3.0


Inching closer and closer to my desired goal of a copy of each card from every year Koufax played (1955-1966) in the majors and with this acquisition I am now sitting at 7 of the 12. Over half way there.

Of all the 12 cards I am hoping to pick up this is probably the least visually appealling card of the bunch. I am not a fan of the color brown but the completest in me had to have a copy of this no matter the color. Not many copies of this card in graded form have popped up on eBay and the few that have were either too pricey or worse had a crease down the middle. While I don't care about the grade I didn't want a crease on the front of the card either. Finally this particular copy came up for sale and had a low enough starting price I had a little breathing room on the cost ceiling. Thankfully that was not needed as there was only 1 bid for the card and that happened to be mine. Another notch in the vintage Koufax belt and now I am down to just 5 cards needed to finish my project.


One of the few times Koufax is labeled "very good"

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment