Saturday, June 11, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Gypsy Queen : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Gold Variant (1/50)


With Seager in hand the only high priced gold mini to get from this year's Gypsy Queen was Mike Trout and I was finally able to lock one down for the collection.

No surprise here as Trout still commands a high dollar amount for any numbered parallel from a newly released product and this of course was no different. I have learned some patience in the past year or so and unless the card is a 1 of 1 or its print run is is no more than 10 I bide my time to wait for prices to come down and once again that thinking has paid off. 

50 copies of card is not that much in this day and age but I still held out hope that I could score a deal and after a few of these sold and the newness of the set wore off a little I was able to swoop in and secure this on an eBay steal. I held out hope that I might be able to turn this into a gold banner grade from Beckett but I think it will come back as a 9 if I do send it in for grading. 


First
of
Fifty


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment