Thursday, June 30, 2016

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Heritage : Corey Seager Base Autograph Red Ink Variant (20/67)


The biggest autograph that is/was currently on my 2016 checklist has finally been tracked down and acquired after a long search. As always timing came into play and hopefully I can turn this into a BGS gem mint but that I believe is a 50/50 scenario.

Other than limited Kershaw and Trout autographs the 2 other "must have" autographs I was after were the upcoming Allen Ginter mini frame of Corey and this Topps Heritage red ink variant of Mr. Seager. With only 67 copies for red inks this year I knew when it was announced he would be featured in the set it would be a challenge to pick up 1 of them for my collection and I wasn't wrong. Right out the gate these were flying off the eBay shelves as I decided to sit on the sidelines and watch and hope for them to go down in price. They did but not as much as I would like.

Almost a couple months went by and this one popped up on eBay with a very high asking price. But after a week or so the price had dropped so far that with current auctions I was running I could pick it up if I could talk the seller down just a little more. I contacted him about moving it for just a little lower and he was accommodating and sent me a private offer which I had 2 days to accept. I hustled my auctions and made sure they would sell and with that I picked up this red beauty. He guaranteed that it was in tip top condition and for the most part he wasn't lying. Everything checked out except for 1 corner that had a fraying problem. The good thing is that you can't see it with the naked eye but only under a 10x loop. My hope is that corners can hold the line at a 9 with everything else coming back a 9.5 so I can have an overall 9.5 for this great card.


Twenty
of
Sixty-Seven

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Ummm, WOW! I had tried for months to get one of these, but sellers wanted way too much. Your Seager PC is blowing up, and this particular card will be one that goes way up in value over time IMO. Now you need the less expensive blue auto to go along with it :-) Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Same here as it took months to land this. What is "funny" I only kept it for a couple of weeks. You will see why in a week or so. I am still trying to land a good blue copy as I am bargain shopping but I do have eBay bucks now... Hmmm..

      Delete