Friday, January 20, 2017

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Five Star : Clayton Kershaw Jumbo Patch Autograph (32/35)


Thirty-Five copies of this card are in existence and I swear that I have probably seen at least 20 come and go as I tried to acquire one to call my own. Once again this card is an exception to the rule as I do not purse relic/patch cards anymore but the Five Star brand usually puts out beautiful cards and this one falls into that category and the first time I saw this I knew I had to pick one up for myself. Finally that day has come.

This particular copy had been on a BIN auction with an OBO option as well as another one concurrently running on eBay by a different seller for the same asking price. eBay was running a 10% eBucks promotion so I sent the other seller an offer of more than 50% less than his asking price. Yup, I was going the low ball route. On top of that all the copies I saw never went as low as what I was attempting to acquire it for. Not surprisingly I received no answer from that seller so a day later I sent the owner of this card the exact same price and within 30 minutes I received an email stating he took my offer without even countering. Nice.

As many of you know thick cards like Five Star are notorious for corner and edge issues but this one only has the littlest of issues on one corner which could only be seen under a loop. Naked eye its perfect so hopefully this will gem when BGS is back in town.


Thirty-Two
of
Thirty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments: