Tuesday, January 3, 2017

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FIFTY - 2016 Topps Tier One : Corey Seager Clear One Autograph (18/25) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2016 Topps Tier One Corey Seager Clear Autograph (18/25)

I have a couple Seager autographs in this batch and like all cards I hope for them to earn 9.5's but this is one that may or may not gem as I can tell it is slightly off centered on the front. My other issue is on the flip side where I can't really tell if it is centered or not. We shall see.

Everything else looks good with the autograph being nice and crisp. I lean towards this earning a 9.5 but crossing my fingers at the same time.


I had an odd feeling that this might be iffy on it coming back as a gold banner 9.5 and indeed it barely squeaked by but that is fine with me as gold is gold no matter how it gets there.


For me the centering was tricky for me but BGS didn't think much of it and slapped a 9.5 on it but it was surface that came in with a lower grade of 9. I have to remember that any card that is plastic/acetate is more suspect to condition issues on surfaces. Lesson learned and very happy to add this Seager to my gem mint collection of the young man.


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment