Monday, January 2, 2017

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FORTY-NINE - 2009 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2009 Topps Heritage Clayton Kershaw Autograph

Even though I am sure that there will be plenty of gem mint 9.5's coming back my way in the batch at least I am guaranteed that this one will be one of them as after 3 times through the raw grading service I finally got this autograph bumped up to a gold banner. 

I needed either the corners or centering to receive an extra .5 and while I agreed the corners would never receive it I was adamant that centering should be gem and finally a grader agreed with me. My baby face Kershaw autograph now joins the gem mint portion of my collection.


The journey of getting this card into a 9.5 case is finally over. 

When I acquired this card well over a year ago on a deal I felt that it deserved better than a mint 9 banner that is had and even though it took 3 different graders I finally got one to agree with me. With the bump in grade confirmed all I had to do is wait for it to come back in its new case and here it is. Looks much better in gold than silver don't you think?


Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment