Sunday, January 1, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Allen Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Base Mini Parallel Brooklyn Back Variant (24/25)


2 plus months.
That is a long time for a lot of things but negotiating for a card for that duration can be torture and that is what it took for me to finally land this card from a seller on eBay.

With a print run of only 25 for these Brooklyn backs there are only so many chances to snag one. I picked up the Seager (actually 2 of them) and the Trout with relatively ease but the Kershaw eluded me all this time. A few had sold but this one sat on eBay unclaimed as a BIN auction with a best offer option. Of course I put in my offer(s) but each one was rebuffed as the seller would not budge on his price and him even quoting past eBay sales saying I was offering less than each one. Truth be told he was right as I was trying to acquire it on a deal but unlike a lot of sellers he knew the value of this card and past sales of it. Good for him and bad for me.

While I sold codes/comics to accumulate funds to acquire it at his price I had to hope no one else would swoop in and buy it. The watch list grew but finally I had enough and sent an offer I knew he would take and finally won the card.

With it in hand now maybe waiting all this time will reward me with a minimum 9.5 from BGS or possibly a 10 as everything checks out to perfect for me when I put this under a loop.


Twenty-Four
of
Twenty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment