Saturday, January 21, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Gold Label : Julio Urias Base Framed Autograph Black Parallel (#/50)


You can't get more plain looking than this redemption card but I am happy to own it and look forward to see the "real" card in the coming days.

I love the metal framed cards i.e. the silver parallels in the Topps flagship brand and the framed autographs found in the Museum sets. The Gold Label brand is new to me as when it was introduced the first time around I was not in the hobby so my knowledge of this brand is not broad. When I heard this was being released I knew I wanted to acquire the autograph cards of the players I collect and with Urias being just welcomed back into that group I figured he would be the easiest and cheapest to acquire first and I wasn't wrong about that.

A couple of these had already been sold and when this one popped up on my favorite auction site with a best offer option I was all over it with a low ball figure. Surprisingly when he countered it was still lower than my mental ceiling for what I was willing to fork over for it and with that a week later I had another Urias autograph to call my own. Hope these Gold Labels look good in hand when I do receive the actual card.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment