Wednesday, January 4, 2017

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FIFTY-ONE - 2016 Stadium Club : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph Gold Parallel (8/25) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2016 Stadium Club Clayton Kershaw Autograph Gold Parallel (8/25)

Another Kershaw autograph but one that I will be happy if it holds at a 9. 

If this wasn't an autographed card I probably wouldn't have submitted it but since it is it goes for the grading. There are 2 corners that have a slight fraying issue and from past experience that "should" only dock that sub grade down to an 8.5 which should mean the overall grade should hold at a 9. Of course if I get a blind grader then it will come back gem mint. Ha Ha.


Well, well, well.... it looks like I got the blind grader when this card went in for its grading treatment. There were/are 2 corners that had damage and I just hoped they would hold at an 8.5 and not down to a 8 but no kind of 8's were to be had as they "earned" a 9. Very surprised as I have seen worse cards in my collection get 8.5's but not this one. With that being the only problem I surprisingly add another gem mint card to my Kershaw autograph collection. 


The card depicts a golden moment for Clayton and I am glad that it is in a gold banner case as that seems appropriate.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment