Sunday, January 22, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Update : Corey Seager Base All Star Black Parallel (64/65)


I knew at some point I circle around to the 2016 Topps Update release as I was waiting for just the right time aka when the market was low to pick some Seager cards.

With only the black parallels holding my interest there are/were only a handful of cards I wanted but Corey had the most as he checks in with 3 separate entries in the set. The black parallels have a print run of only 65 and have a book range of $20-50. When these first popped up on eBay they sold nearer the high range which was too much for me but now that there were more copies on the market to be had the price dropped. I didn't expect it but when this copy showed up on eBay on a BIN  with an asking price of less than low book I didn't hesitate and clicked the button and officially picked up the 1st of 3 planned black parallels of Corey.

While I always hold out hope that all my cards can earn 9.5's from BGS I think this card has a 40% at most of earning that as there is 2 corners that have issues. Everything else looks fine but I don't think that they will hold to a 9 but instead earn an 8.5 which cause the overall to be a plain old 9. We shall see.


Sixty-Four
of
Sixty-Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment