Thursday, January 19, 2017

Card of the Day - 2016 Topps Chrome : Corey Seager Base Gold Refractor Parallel (32/50) BGS Graded Pristine 10 and Quarterly eBay eBucks Purchase Number 4


We come to the 4th and final eBay eBucks acquisition from this past Christmas quarter and it's a biggie though I did not know if I would end up with it or another card until I received an email from eBay.

The past 3 days have been great with all the stuff I was able to acquire and from the Topps Now Kershaw post I stated that it helped finish off "paying" for the final card and this is that card. It could have been 1 of another handful but this was the 1st one that a seller on eBay took my best offer. On January 1st I knew what I could afford but wanted it to be 1 big card and not multiple little ones. I sent out 5 offers for this and 4 other cards for roughly the same amount (and another Pristine Topps Chrome Gold Seager as well) and whichever seller accepted I would happily take that one and try for the other 4 at some later date. With less than 3 hours till my offer expired the seller of this card accepted and I promptly canceled the other 4.

While I would have loved any of the other 4 I am immensely happy that I have this card. One of the other ones I didn't get was a sticker autograph rookie of Kershaw. Yeah I know, it's a sticker and I hate them but it was/is a BGS gem and a rookie so I was going to look past that. In the grander scheme of things this gold (and limited, only 50 copies) is the better option for my collection at the present moment. It now becomes the lowest print run parallel from the Topps Chrome brand that I have in my collection and wanting to do the whole rainbow that's big since this cost zero dollars to acquire. Other than the Orange (I believe the red is a pipe dream) parallel I have all the hard ones in my possession.

With this no officially in hand I finish off yet another eBay quarter and might have to say this was my most successful one to date. Picked up 4 tops notch cards and with 2 being gem mint and a 3rd (Topps Now Kershaw) a good candidate to make it 3 so I think I did quite well. As always thank you to friends and family for having me do your purchases through my eBay account so I could accumulate that more eBucks for me to use to acquire these great cards. No way this current quarter will be this well but I look forward to Christmas of 2017 to see if I can best this 2016.


Whole lot of 10's there


Thirty-Two
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment