Monday, January 9, 2017

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FIFTY-THREE - 2015 Topps Supreme : Clayton Kershaw Yellow Printing Plate Autograph (1/1) Now BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


2015 Topps Supreme Clayton Kershaw Printing Plate Autograph (1/1)

Well this card is the final one of the massive batch and why is the final entry? Kershaw, autograph, 1 of freaking 1, gem mint, low expectations and high returns. Plenty to love about this "card" as I expected this to barely squeak by with a 9 if that at all but instead it returned to me from the RCR event as a gem mint 9.5. Is it a strong or weak 9.5? Don't know and don't care as printing plates are notorious for quality issues and with it being a true 1 of 1 and a gold label slapped on it now I am immensely happy with it. 

While there might a pristine return in this batch (fingers always crossed) that is not a guarantee where this Kershaw is and it being what it is this to me is the best return of the batch at the present moment.


We come to the 40th and final 9.5 gold banner from my most recent BGS batch (not the final recap though) and what better way to top it off than with this cherry of a card. A 1 of 1 printing plate of Clayton Kershaw from the 2015 Topps Supreme set. 

I was ecstatic when this came back from the RCR event with a 9.5 attached to it as I believe the grader did me a solid and took care of a potential surface issue and I assumed everything else was perfect but now that I have the full grade in front of me it became even more important that the grader did me that favor. Other than the surface I thought there was nothing else wrong with this card but in fact edges barely squeaked by with a 9. Sheesh, that was close. 


Thanks go out again to the RCR grader for helping a collector out as even though I would have kept this card no matter what the grade would have been it is much better in its new gold case home.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

- Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment