Thursday, September 3, 2015

Card of the Day - 2012 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Autograph Refractor Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Considering the cost of Seager autographs are going way up across the board this card's acquisition completes one project that had to end as if I was to go after other parallels I would need a lot more funds which I do not.

I have a few ongoing rainbow projects pertaining to Urias and Seager but when it comes to the autograph portion there are less cards to pursue do to it being cost prohibitive. I picked up the blue parallel of this card over a year ago and was lucky to pick up the base a little while ago when I had extra comic code funds but I knew this base refractor would be the last of the rainbow I could or would acquire. There is a gold parallel but that price is over $1000 and I will not be going after that so I wanted to get this card before the price went up anymore.

This happens to be an unnumbered parallel but it still holds a higher demand than the base non refractor and I really didn't want to go the raw route and then cross my fingers its grades out to a gem mint. These refractors don't seem to pop up as much on eBay so when this one did I had to make some funds appear. I picked out a few cards and one paperback that I could sell so that would cover the cost of the card which happened to be on a BIN auction. By the time the sales of the other cards were confirmed this Seager card had 15 watchers so I knew its time of being available to me was dwindling. Made sure the funds cleared from the sales and got back to this card's auction and thankfully it was still available. Clicked the button, sent the funds and had card in hand within a week.

The 2012 Bowman Chrome BGS 9.5 autograph rainbow project is officially finished.


Gold banner for a golden kid

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment