Thursday, September 24, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Base Mini Parallel Red Border Variant (25/40)


Took longer time than I wanted or anticipated but I finally landed the other big red border want from this year's AG set. Already had Trout in hand but Kershaw was elusive but I finally locked one down.

There are only 40 copies of each red border and even though I have other players I still need to track down I wanted to get Kershaw as soon as possible as I didn't want the price to go up any higher and I wanted to have it in hand before BGS comes back to town as I planned to submit it for grading. This card was on a traditional eBay auction with no reserve and with a high book of $50 and previous sales in the 30's I expected yet another battle. Thankfully armed with enough funds as I am restructuring my collection I put in a higher than normal bid to ensure I would win. Though I did win (obviously) my max bid was no where near reached.

Card came in a week or so later and I think at the very least it will grade out to a mint 9 with a good shot at a gem mint 9.5. We shall see. My Kershaw collection proceeds ahead with yet another great looking limited parallel.


Two Five
of
Four Oh

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment