Saturday, September 19, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen and Ginter : Clayton Kershaw Base Mini Parallel Flag Back Variant (3/25)


I've picked up a lot of 2015 Ginters so far but this was one of the biggest wants on my wishlist as it is a low numbered parallel (25) and unlike the red borders these are hand numbered instead of machine numbered, Flag backs are not something new this year but this is the first one I have been able to pick one up and what better one than of the best pitcher in baseball, Clayton Kershaw.

I ended up picking this up on a BIN auction when another flag back of Kershaw I was looking at on eBay went over the cost of this one. I had hoped to score a deal on the other copy but as I kept bidding another person was bidding against me and with a minute left that one went over the cost of this one. At that moment I jumped ship and moved over to this one and hit the BIN button and had it in my hands in a few short days.

I always intended to send this to BGS for grading and once in hand the only thing I can see really wrong is that on the front's lower right corner there seems to be some mark. Might go the raw grade route instead of the full review just to make sure it would grade gem mint which I think it would do.


3
of
25

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment