Saturday, September 5, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Jeff Brigham Base Chrome Autograph Black Refractor Parallel (7/35)


Patience is truly a virtue at times and once again I gained from it by waiting out this seller for a few months.

I saw this card on the bay one day months ago and with an assigned book value of $50 I had no intention of buying it for his asking price of $40 on a BIN auction. I wanted the card but I didn't need the card. I love black autograph parallels but since Jeff is not a "big" prospect in the Dodger organization I wouldn't be devastated if I never acquired on of the 35 copies of this card. The seller lowered his price a couple of times and it sat at $30 for a few weeks. Still not interested. He finally canceled that auction and put it on a traditional auction with a starting bid of 99 cents. Now I was interested.

Wasn't sure what kind of bidding war if any would be attached to this card but I stayed on the outside and just watched to see how it would play out. Decent activity on the auction as there were 7 separate bids on it going into its final day. The cost was hovering around $10. Still reasonable. I entered my bid in and even though someone tried to snipe it at the last second my bid held and I won the card for a little over $16. That is a long way from the original asking price of $50 that the seller wanted but his loss is my gain.


Lucky 7 of 35

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment