Wednesday, September 30, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Corey Seager Base Chrome Black Refractor Parallel (22/75)


I know this card is limited to just 75 copies but I didn't think it would take me this long to acquire one of them.

Yes, I know Seager is hot in the hobby right now and everything of his is rising but this card comes out of the 2014 Bowman Draft and is not his rookie card nor his 2nd year card yet I kept losing out on it as the prices constantly went to or above its $15 book value. I expected that with his previous years cards but not this one. Even the Urias black was easier to obtain than Seager's. The only thing I can attest to it is that the card doesn't come up for sale much on eBay so when people see it they pounce on it.

Well here was my chance again when this one appeared on eBay but just like all the others the price was driven up by the time the last day of the auction had arrived. It was still in my ballpark so I crossed my fingers and put my bid in which made me the high bid. One second left and someone tried to snipe it but the only thing that did was drive up my purchase price as my amount held. Whoosh. Thank goodness as now I can move on to other Seager cards on my want list.


Twenty Two
of
Seventy Five

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment