Monday, September 28, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps Chrome : Mike Trout Base Photo Variation


This year's Topps Chrome release recently came out and thankfully there were only a handful of cards that I wanted to acquire but the biggie once again was a photo variation of the Angel's Mike Trout. He has had a variation card for the past few years but I have never been able to land one as they always go higher than I am comfortable of "paying" for. Well it was a new year so yet another opportunity for me to try to get one.

When this one popped up on eBay there had already been a few that sold so I had an idea on what to expect the end cost would be. Prices had started to trend down so I expected to score some type of deal and if not I could wait as since I've waited years for one I could wait a little more. Well I didn't have to as I won this with minimal effort and well below my price ceiling. The only issue I have is that after this a few more copies have sold for a few bucks less. Yes, I got a great deal but I could have had just a little bit better one. Nonetheless, I am finally happy to add a Trout variation to the collection and hopefully it will grade out to a 9.5 from BGS as it will sent to them in a week or so. The only "issue" I see with the card is that the corners are not super sharp so at worst I think they might score a 9 but everything else should earn a 9.5. Knock on wood.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments: