Monday, September 7, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Chrome : Julio Urias Base Autograph Refractor Parallel (92/500) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


A Bowman Chrome graded refractor of Urias is finally back in my hands as I sold my other one awhile ago as I received an irritating grade from BGS when I submitted to them. I expected a gem mint 9.5 when I sent it in but what I received it back it was a mint 9 as supposedly there were some surface "issues". You can read about my unhappiness HERE

Well ever since that time I have had this card on my radar to reacquire and unlike that one I was not going to go the raw card route and then submit it and try my chances again. This time I wanted one that was already graded as a gem mint. Even though I have a black parallel of this same card I am was not going to be denied in acquiring a base refractor for my collection and now that wish has been fulfilled.

Must have been a slow day on the bay when I picked this up as it went for less than what comparable ones had been going for a few days prior to this one including two I lost out on. I had been building up some funds for this card via comic book sales (physical and digital) and a couple of paperbacks so I had enough in hand to purchase this gem beauty.

The auction had a lot of bids on it but the only one that matter was one which was the highest at the end of the day which was mine. I am very happy to finally have this back in the fold and now I can work on getting the blue parallel but if I never do this and the black one is just fine with me.


Another gem for the Urias collection.
Oh....Yeah !!!


92 of 500

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin


No comments:

Post a Comment