Tuesday, September 8, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Clayton Kershaw Series Two Base (National League MVP) Silver Framed Parallel (17/20)


Well that wasn't too hard or bad.

Within days of each other I was able to pick up both framed parallels of Kershaw from the series 2 of the 2015 Topps release. The 1st series also had 2 Kershaws to pursue but those took me months to lock down and I went in with that same attitude when it became known that once again there would be 2 Kershaws in series 2 to hunt for. Same attitude but different results and thank God for that.

Book just came out (at the time of write up) and for some reason the values of these cards with the exact same print run are running give or take 50% less than series 1 cards. Don't know why but it helps when trying to acquire one at a bargain which I did with this one. With a print run of 20 I still counted at least 6 that had been sold on eBay so even with the lesser book value I had to make sure I got my copy before they were all gone and when the dust settled I was declared the winner on a lower than expected sale price. Couldn't be happier and now this card joins its series 2 brother in the BGS submission pile to hopefully join their series 1 brothers in gem mint glory.


One Seven
of
Two Zero

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment