Friday, September 25, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Julio Urias Base Chrome Gold Refractor Parallel (16/50) BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


Gold encased in gold.

With most of the easier to acquire color parallels in hand now for my Urias rainbow project I shift my focus to the harder ones now. Again, to make matters worse there are two cards of each color to pick up since there are two sets that featured Urias's rookie cards. The main Bowman Chrome release and then the Bowman Draft one which is where this card comes from.

Numbered out of only 50 the gold parallels are harder to nail down and I have already seen multiple copies of this card sell so I was hoping to get my own copy before the price skyrockets out of my price range. Another traditional auction here and I expected I would have to get in a slight bidding war which I indeed had to enter. A total of 10 bids were entered but at the end of the 7 days I came out on top once again and that's even with 2 last second bids by another buyer.

It being already graded made this one particular card a priority as I don't need to submit a raw copy to BGS now. So that is one gold acquired with one more to go. All I have to say is thankfully there are not other super prospects in the Dodger farm system other than Urias and Seager so I won't be doing this rainbow project again for awhile. It can be really tiring.


The gold standard


16 of 50

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment