Wednesday, September 16, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Tier One : Pedro Martinez Acetate Autograph (77/99)


It's been awhile since I have reacquired an autograph lost during my ball purge but I finally got my hands on one of the biggies that I had continued to pursue since said purge. A player that should have never played for another team other than the Dodgers, one Pedro Martinez.

Though it hurts me to see Pedro in a Red Sox jersey it was a priority to have his autograph card in Red Sox jersey. Why? His greatest accomplishments and his peak years were with the Boston ball club. Would have loved to have him Expo colors but those choices are far and few between and there was no way I was going to pick him up in either Met or Phillie colors.

There were a few choices but I kept coming back to this Tier One brand as there always seemed to be one or two copies for sale at all times on eBay. Now I had to lock one down at a decent cost which is what I was able to do with this particular one. Book has it valued from $40-100 which thankfully I "paid" close to low and no where near the high. Once the card came in I noticed "smudges" on the card which might be hard to see on the pics here but I have looked at other copies on eBay including one that was graded BGS 9.5 and they all seem to have it so I guess it is part of the card and not a defect. That's good as I had this ear marked for BGS grading before I even had it in hand and now I will for sure be submitting it in the hope for a nice gold banner.


Seven Seven
of
Nine Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Pedro use to be crazy expensive for the longest time, but he finally started signing more which helped bring the price to a more manageable amount.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tell me about it. Wish he would do an on card Dodger card but the Red Sox are the second best option.

      Delete