Friday, September 18, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Allen and Ginter : Mike Trout Base Mini Parallel Red Border Variant (38/40)


Though I have been acquiring a lot Ginters off my wish list Kershaw and Trout are the biggies that I always want to acquire on a deal and after some misses on other copies of this card I was finally able to land me this red beauty.

While blue border parallels are one of my parallels that I always hunt down when it comes down to Trout he obviously looks better in a read border since the Angels team color is red. With this card being numbered out of only 40 that made it a highly sought after item on the secondary market and I was one of the many searching for it. Book wasn't out on it yet but other copies sold in the $40-50 range which was too rich for my blood. I had to hold out and hope one would land into something more to my liking and thankfully this one did as it seemed people backed off on it for some reason.

Still 10 separate bids on it but maybe with minimal description it scared off some as they didn't know what kind of condition it would arrive in. I took the chance and I ended up winning it for a lot less than others had gone for and when it arrived I made sure to see how it looked in person. I have to say there is a 50/50 chance it would grade out to gem mint which I might test when BGS heads out this way again. Either way I caught me another big fish.


Thirty-Eight
of
Forty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment