Tuesday, September 22, 2015

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Gold Refractor Parallel (32/50)


I finally landed the one "easy" color that I haven't been able to get my hands on as I try to finish my rainbow project for Seager. Most colors have two separate cards as there is the main Bowman Chrome set and then the chrome parallel in the Bowman Draft release. As of yet I have never been able to get a gold copy of either. That finally changed.

With only 50 copies of each they do not come up for sale that much on eBay and when they do they usually seem to have a high starting off price which I then promptly move on. This one though had a 99 cent starting price point so I hoped I could score this on a semi deal as most Seager cards are going up as he gets closer to hitting the majors (edit: he has made it since this write up). At present this card books from a low of $25 (yeah good luck on finding it at that price) and a high of $60. My goal was to pick it up for less than $60 and that is what I did.

After 14 bids and another person bidding back and forth with me I came out of on top at the very last second and when this card made it to my house I could not see anything wrong with it and think it has an outside shot at a pristine grade from Beckett. At the very worst it should come out to gem mint which isn't bad either as I would have a gold card in a gold label case.


Thirty-Two
of
Fifty

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment