Sunday, September 27, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Bowman Draft : Alex Verdugo Base Chrome Autograph Refractor Parallel BGS Graded Gem Mint 9.5


I don't like that fact that Bowman went back to the unnumbered refractor parallel for this set but that won't stop me from acquiring certain autographs within said set. Case in point I finally locked down another Verdugo autograph.

I already have a blue autograph parallel of Verdugo but I still wanted a black version and the base refractor for my "mini rainbow" project for Alex. The black one will have to wait for awhile as that is too limited for my liking right now aka as in too much moola, but the base refractor shouldn't be too much of a hassle I thought. Plenty of ungraded (raw) copies were to be had on the bay but every week or so one of this graded version came up for sale and I rather snag one of these than a raw one. A couple weeks and couple cards came and went as the final price went above my limit. Unlike those I wasn't outbid days prior the auction's end on this one and I was still the high bid with a hour left. I put in another bid just to pad my "lead" and thankfully I did as at the last moment someone else tried to snipe it and their bid went over my original bid but not my second. The card was mine.

Two autographs down and one more to go for the Verdugo project.


Gold banner day once again.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment