Monday, September 21, 2015

Card of the Day - 2015 Topps : Mike Trout Series 2 Base Framed Parallel (11/20)


My/our friends from Japan helped me out by listing this beautiful and limited card on eBay. With it depicting Mr. MVP Mike Trout I expected it would be a long time before I got my hands on it as with a print run of only 20 and him being popular in the hobby I expected them to go for much more than I was willing to spend. Of course with this particular copy being overseas I saw my opportunity to snag it at a lower than expected cost and that is exactly what happened.

As I have discussed before and as I am sure some of you readers have experienced first hand when it comes to auctions from across the pond they seem to get less traffic as I suspect people are either too impatient to wait a longer time and/or aren't as trusting in shipping services. Doesn't bother me as I can wait and if it does get lost I am covered by eBay.

The series 1 card books from $60-120 but this series 2 one only books for $25-60 but I had already seen others top that high mark which I wasn't going to do so when this one popped up on the bay with a starting price of 99 cents I hoped to score a deal and in the end that is exactly what I did.

Not surprisingly there were 12 separate bids but surprisingly there were at small increments and when I put mine in at the last moment I secured this card a little over the low end of book. Yet another overseas win for me and with this I can now close the book on the "higher" priced/demand framed cards from this year's Topps set. I have 2 more to acquire but they are of lesser caliber players.


11
of
20

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

2 comments:

  1. Silver frame parallel fluctuate a ton in price as well. That Trout could for $100 one day and $25 the next. I have had good luck with international auctions as well. The only issue is you usually have to sign for the package which usually results in me having to go to the post office.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So true. I have been lucky that other than 1 of the Kershaws I have been on the lower end of the price scale on what it has cost me to pick these up. Glad to see that I am not the only one that benefits from international auctions. Good for the both of us. I think if they do these next year there is a 50/50 chance I wont chase for them....of course there will be a 2015 WSC depicting the Dodgers so I guess Ill have to pick that one up.
      = )

      Delete