Thursday, October 1, 2015

Card of the Day - 2014 Topps Tribute : Clayton Kershaw Base Autograph (62/99) BGS Graded Mint 9.0


... It's a new month and we come to the last few days of regular season baseball. The playoffs are right around the corner and I as a Dodgers fan am hoping for a better result than the last 27 years. What better way to start off the month than showing off yet another addition to my ever growing Kershaw autograph collection. The last day of the month will showcase Game 4 of the World Series and it will be played at the NL Park...err Dodger Stadium. As a season ticket holder I have my tickets in hand and I am ready to finally watch my team in the Fall Classic. Here's hoping Kershaw can finally take us to the promised land.


.5 from gem mint

I am always on the look out for Kershaw autographs but if I come across one that has been graded then it gets my full attention especially if I can low ball a deal out of the seller. Some times it works and some times it doesn't. This one is a case of the former not the latter.

When I came across this minty card on eBay I couldn't believe the low cost the seller was asking for it. It books for a high of $100 in raw form but honestly who pays that much? While I prefer gem mint 9.5's in my collection I will never sneeze at a mint 9 Kershaw autograph and it is only .5 from gem so it is a very strong mint. The seller had it on a BIN auction (with the aforementioned low price) but also had attached a best offer option. Well lets see what I could do here. I sent over a ridiculously low offer which I expected to be rejected which it did. He sent over a counter which was a good deal but I wanted to see if he would meet me in the middle from his offer and my low offer. After a day of no response from him I contacted him to ask if had considered it. Hour later I was sent an email stating he accepted my counter. Oh yeah!


Sixty-Two of Ninety-Nine

At his current pace Clayton will go down as one of the greats to ever play the game. Imagine if and when he adds a couple of World Series rings to hie resume? My new goal is to one day have 100 Kershaw autographs in my collection. I have to recount what I have as of today but I think I am 20 ish. Whether I make it or not this is a beautiful card and I am glad I was able to pick it up at a major bargain. GO DODGERS !!!


Gem mint autograph

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment