Monday, October 3, 2016

Card of the Day - 2013 Bowman Chrome : Corey Seager Base Purple Refractor Parallel (86/199)


I literally picked this card up 30 minutes before I submitted my most recent BGS batch hence the poor quality photo as I took it on a Carl's Jr. table. Ha Ha.

I have 4 cards that I need(ed) upgraded in my 2013 Bowman Chrome rainbow project of Corey Seager and this purple one is the only one that is of the numbered variety. I owned 1 but it came back as a mint 9 from BGS so I have been on the look out for a replacement and after numerous losses I picked this up on a non countered offer on a BIN auction from eBay.

On the computer screen the card looked to be well centered left to right but slightly off centered from top to bottom and upon closer review under a loop this was the case. The problem with my previous purple was centering as well but that one was way worse than this one and that one received an 8.5 sub grade. At worst I think this earns a 9 and hopefully that makes this an overall gem mint 9.5 for the project. This post will go live days before the results will be revealed so fingers crossed I will have a good follow up post to write pertaining to this card.


Eighty-Six
of
One Hundred and Ninety-Nine

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin

No comments:

Post a Comment