Thursday, October 20, 2016

September 2016 BGS Submission Result Number FOUR - 2016 Topps Tribute Clayton Kershaw Milestones Insert (10/10) Now BGS Slabbed Authentic


2016 Topps Tribute Clayton Kershaw Milestone Insert (10/10)

Technically I know the grade or to be exact the non grade that this card will be receiving. This is one of the handful that I submitted to BGS for a raw review and I was almost 100$ sure it would earn something less than a 9 overall and I was right as it came in at a 8.5. There was no way I was letting this card go so I did something I have never done before and sent the card in for slabbing without any grade attached to it. I did this solely for the purpose of storage purposes. Grade or not this is a great piece.


With the terrible returns finished lets get to the good returns now aka less than 9.5 though this one does not fall into that category either. 


This is the 1st time I have ever sent in a card to BGS just to get it slabbed and not receive a grade affixed to it. I knew what this card probably would receive but I had no intention of selling it back on eBay due to its significance (100th win for Clayton). I also will be doing this procedure going forward for any Kershaw autograph that will not earn at least a 9 instead of reselling it. 

In the end this may or may not be a mint/gem mint card (it isn't) but it is a great piece of Kershaw history that I was lucky enough to see in person and I now have a piece from the game in a nice BGS case.

Thank you for reading and have a blessed day.

-Penguin


No comments:

Post a Comment